Our 2021 season has now finished. Our 2022 sailing schedule is released to Patrons later this year and will be published in Spring to the general public.
When making passages with the barge, you have to work the tides and this often means an early start or late finish.
So often, at these special times of day when the sun is just below the horizon, the light is incredible, the sailing peaceful and the experience a little bit magical, and yet it is normally just the skipper and mate aboard.
Now, we invite you to join us to experience this special part of the day.
Leaving the dock just before sunrise/sunset, we amble out to Seagull Island and look across the beautiful saltmarsh landscape to witness the changing light.
On the sunrise cruises, freshly brewed coffee and bacon rolls are dished out to enliven the senses before we return to the dock before most people in the village are awake.
On the sunset cruises, guests are offered a glass of local beer or wine to enjoy.
Please read the General Information page before booking.
Free Sailing Experiences – Booking guidance
- Please only book one experience at a time. Once you have completed your sail, you are welcome to book another date.
- We hope that you choose to support us by becoming a Patron, but there is no obligation.
- A bar selling refreshments will be available on the day.
- We request a £10 deposit per space to confirm your attendance, this is refunded after the trip. If you fail to notify that you no longer wish to sail aboard having booked a place, we will retain the deposit (cancellation must be at least 48 hours before the date of sail).
- You are invited aboard as a guest of Tiller & Wheel – we reserve the right to cancel bookings for any reason.