Our Tidal Cruise is the perfect way to spend a little time out on the water. Sailing out of the picturesque dock at Lower Halstow, the day’s route will be decided by the weather, with the Upchurch and Rainham marshes, Stangate or Sharfleet Creek all within range.
The Thames barge was designed to operate in these narrow creeks and for the majority of the trip, she sails in only around six feet of water. The sheltered waters surrounding the salt marsh make this trip our most suitable for all ages.
You’ll be warmly greeted by the skipper and crew as you step aboard and then you can either help set sail, or simply sit back and watch the sails unfurl with a cup of tea in hand.
On the way back to port, you are welcome to take a turn on the wheel and the crew will share stories of the barge’s past and explain the unique features of the Thames sailing barge rig.
There is a licenced bar aboard selling snacks and refreshments throughout the trip.
Allow around three hours from your embarkation time for this experience.
This trip departs from Lower Halstow
Before booking, please read the General Information page.
If you would like any further information, please contact us.
Free Sailing Trips
- Please only book one experience at a time. Once you have completed your sail, you are welcome to book another date.
- We hope that you choose to support us by becoming a Patron, but there is no obligation.
- A bar selling refreshments will be available on the day.
- We request a £10 deposit per space to confirm your attendance, this is refunded after the trip. If you fail to notify that you no longer wish to sail aboard having booked a place, we will retain the deposit (cancellation must be at least 48 hours before the date of sail).
- You are invited aboard as a guest of Tiller & Wheel – we reserve the right to cancel bookings for any reason.