Tiller & Wheel was established to ensure a sustainable future for the vessels and a big part of this is ensuring there are a new generation of people to sail them.
This experience is all about introducing the Thames barge to children aged between 4 – 10 years old. We want to fire children’s imaginations and inspire them to be the skippers of the future!
The experience lasts around two hours, with child friendly activities and the opportunity to pull on the ropes and steer the ship.
Each child has to be accompanied by an adult.
Should the weather be inclement, the activities will take place whilst moored alongside.
This experience takes place at Sun Pier, Chatham.
Please read the General Information page before booking.
Free Sailing Experiences – Booking guidance
- Please only book one experience at a time. Once you have completed your sail, you are welcome to book another date.
- We hope that you choose to support us by becoming a Patron, but there is no obligation.
- A bar selling refreshments will be available on the day.
- We request a £10 deposit per space to confirm your attendance, this is refunded after the trip. If you fail to notify that you no longer wish to sail aboard having booked a place, we will retain the deposit (cancellation must be at least 48 hours before the date of sail).
- You are invited aboard as a guest of Tiller & Wheel – we reserve the right to cancel bookings for any reason.